MCPS GOVERNOR'S STEM ACADEMY
The MCPS Governor's STEM Academy was created to promote student achievement and interest in STEM career fields, and to prepare students for global competitiveness in high-skilled, high-wage, and high-demand STEM careers.
- Complete a plan of study.
- Complete a sequence of designated CTE courses (minimum 2) and earn relevant industry certification.
- Complete an approved work-based internship.
- Participate in a co-curricular project.
- Earn college credits (minimum 9) through Dual-Enrollment or Advanced Placement courses.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA for STEM classes.
- Graduate with Advance or Standard diploma.
- Complete checklist with approval from CTE teacher.
- Earn a STEM diploma seal upon graduation.
- Be part of a school culture designed to develop workplace readiness skills.
- Document time in the STEM industry work environment.
- Earn postsecondary credits and industry certification.
Please click on your high school below to see which pathways are offered at your school:
If interested in applying to the Governor's STEM Academy,
please contact a CTE teacher or the Guidance department at your school.